Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade http://www.mofa.go.kr/eng/index.do
Immigration Bureau https://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/main_en.pt
Korea Visa Portal https://www.visa.go.kr/openPage.do?MENU_ID=1010201
Any foreign visitors wishing to enter the Republic of Korea must have a valid passport and obtain a Korean visa before coming. However, people of 107 countries who want to visit Korea temporarily are permitted to enter without a visa according to Visa Waiver Agreements (PDF), or in accordance with principles reciprocity of national interest (Table).
- * Because of COVID 19, Visa-free entry and Visa-waiver programs will be temporarily suspended for nationals of countries imposing entry bans on Koreans.
- * Please check with Korean Embassy in your country for your visa.
[PDF] Countries under Visa Waiver Agreements (as of Feb 21, 2018)
Nationals of visa waiver countries can enter Korea without a visa as long as the purpose of their visit is tourism or temporary visit. If they want to engage in profitable activities such as employment, they must apply for a Korean visa suitable for their purpose.
[Table] Designated visa-free entry
- Considering international convention, mutuality doctrine, national profit and other such factors, certain countries are granted visa-free entry permissions. (1 September 2018. Currently, 48 countries)
- Nationals of the following countries are allowed up to 30 days of visa-free sojourn for tourism or visitation.
- Exceptions: Canada is allowed up to 6 months, and United States, Australia, Hong Kong, Slovenia, and Japan are allowed up to 90 days.
- Countries that are granted visa-free entry for diplomatic, government official, and general passport holders.
|Asia||Macao(90 days), Brunei, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Japan (90 days), Qatar, Taiwan(90 days), Hong Kong (90 days), Kuwait(90 days), Bahrain[10 countries]|
|North America||United States(90 days), Canada (6 months) [2 countries]|
|South America||Guyana, Argentina, Ecuador(90),Paraguay, Honduras [5 countries]|
|Europe||Monaco, Vatican, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Albania, Cyprus, San Marino, Serbia(90), Montenegro, Slovenia (90 days), Andorra, Croatia(90) [11 countries]|
|Oceania||Guam, Nauru, New Caledonia, Micronesia, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Kiribati, Fiji, Australia (90 days), Marshall Islands, Palau, Tuvalu, Tonga [13 countries]|
|Africa||South Africa, Seychelles, Mauritius, Swaziland, Botswana (5 Countries)|
Countries that are granted visa-free entry for diplomatic and government official passport holders (2 countries)